Re: SELinux survey (was RE: Stupid F7 boot loop)

Andrew Kelly wrote:
Forgive the invitation to discussion, but....

I personally have immediately disabled SELinux on any and every box I've
ever installed for myself, and grind my teeth any time I even see the
word.

Would any of you out there care to share with me any of your personal
experiences with SELinux being useful to you (in any way whatsoever), on
a single-user workstation?

I'm quite willing to admit my ig'nerz on the subject and am open to
being taught why the functionality is a Good Thing (tm).

Andy

I'm slightly ashamed to say, I disable it most of the time too. I've spent many good hours troubleshooting bizarre problems only to find out it's SELinux and I've missed the log entry. I think the main problem is that I don't understand it properly and it's far too quick and easy to disable :-)

Adam