SELinux survey (was RE: Stupid F7 boot loop)

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 16:04 +0100, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:41:19AM -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > From there you can deside if you want to disable selinux, or relabel
> > the system so selinux works correctly.
>
> How is that (easily) done - I haev to admit that now it is running
> disabled, I'm very much tempted to leave it that way rather then
> mess about "in flight" so to speak.  Presumably I'll save a little
> mill time at a fairly minimal risk on a secure system ...
>
> Jonathan

Forgive the invitation to discussion, but....

I personally have immediately disabled SELinux on any and every box I've
ever installed for myself, and grind my teeth any time I even see the
word.

Would any of you out there care to share with me any of your personal
experiences with SELinux being useful to you (in any way whatsoever), on
a single-user workstation?

I'm quite willing to admit my ig'nerz on the subject and am open to
being taught why the functionality is a Good Thing (tm).

Andy