Re: New Computer (Dear Diary)

DJ Delorie wrote:

See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PostIsOffTopic :

  "What is off-topic? Off-topic messages do not follow the topic for
   the mailing list they were posted to. . . . You should select a
   more appropriate mailing list for your message and post it there
   instead.

   fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx

   This mailing list is for general discussions and support questions
   regarding Fedora. If your post is in any way related to Fedora, it
   is probably not off-topic here."

http://forum.fedoraforum.org/
would probably be better for Bulletin board types of conversations. I found that mailing lists do not really work out for "dear diary" types of postings. With the BB you can ignore the threads that do not interest you at the time. I do not like forums that much myself and would prefer email lists without daily diary entries. Frequent "Dear Diary" postings do not hold my interest. People venting because of frequent "Dear Diary" types of postings adds quite a bit more to the email traffic, but venting aggravations is to be expected as an element of human nature.

Jim

--
Computers can figure out all kinds of problems, except the things in
the world that just don't add up.