From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mauriat M
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 5:23 AM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: New Computer

On 8/27/07, bruce <bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ed... and the rest of the guys...
>
> i for one don't have an issue with karl, or his posts... i imagine a
number of others don't either. this is a public forum isn't it. it's not
moderated/private, so i imagine there are quite a few people of varying
ages/levels of expertise.. some will get something out of what he has to
say.. others won't.

> but as you suggested. if you get tired of seeing msgs from someone, there
are a multitude of ways to resolve the issue.. and i've found the delete key
also still works!!

> peace!

Please do not top post.

So does a "public forum" imply anything goes?
Should a mailing list named 'fedora-list' be for Fedora related topics?
Would it be better that everyone explains how many beeps their new
power supply makes? Or how shiny the new glass is on the case? -- What
could anyone get out of that?

This type of "commentary" does not scale on such a mailing list. As
much as I dislike the harshness and attitudes by some people, I do
agree that is it not unwarranted.

Mailing lists for a *specific* topic only work when their members
abide by certain guidelines.

-Mauriat