Re: New Computer

On 8/27/07, bruce <bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ed... and the rest of the guys...
>
> i for one don't have an issue with karl, or his posts... i imagine a number of others don't either. this is a public forum isn't it. it's not moderated/private, so i imagine there are quite a few people of varying ages/levels of expertise.. some will get something out of what he has to say.. others won't.
>
> but as you suggested. if you get tired of seeing msgs from someone, there are a multitude of ways to resolve the issue.. and i've found the delete key also still works!!
>
> peace!

Please do not top post.

So does a "public forum" imply anything goes?
Should a mailing list named 'fedora-list' be for Fedora related topics?
Would it be better that everyone explains how many beeps their new
power supply makes? Or how shiny the new glass is on the case? -- What
could anyone get out of that?

This type of "commentary" does not scale on such a mailing list. As
much as I dislike the harshness and attitudes by some people, I do
agree that is it not unwarranted.

Mailing lists for a *specific* topic only work when their members
abide by certain guidelines.

-Mauriat