Re: New Computer

Peter Connolly wrote:
Bruce, I don't think you get it. Karl is one of those short-wave junkies (see the call letters in his signature), and as such the act of communicating is the thing of interest, not the content of the communication. As far as I can tell, Karl has no unpublished thoughts, no matter how banal. Let's pray he never discovers Twitter....

And even if the Fedora maillist wasn't high-volume, many of us listen in on many maillists. So to see so much noise being generated by a few individuals is annoying at best. I agree with Robert that this is the type of noise level that belongs on a blog so that the masochistic few can tune in if they want/need to. But who listens to us?

And Richard, if that's been tried and it "didn't take," I think that's the indictment you need to listen to. Few of us care about this kind of endless blather.

Finally, Todd, since it's obvious that Karl's prattle will never end, I'd be interested if you ever got that thread-killer working...