Re: CUPS problem

Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-24 at 13:16 +0200, PerAntonRønning wrote:
What about FC 7? I have what I think must be a hardware problem, since
it has occured under SuSe, Mandrake, Madriva and now FC 5: Screen
freeze. The PC blocks out keyboard and mouse, and anything that moved
on the screen freezes. I have no clue as to why, or what triggers it,
and nobody on this list or the Mandriva newbie list had either. So:
Hardware trouble.

That does sound ominous.  Do you know why the fuse blew?  Perhaps you
had some mains trouble at that time, and some damage occured to your
computer.

Though it could be co-incidental, and now might be the time to
dissassemble the PC, clean out the heatsinks, check that all the plugs
and sockets are firm (disconnect and reconnect them), likewise with the
daughter cards.  If you still have freezing problems with different OSs,
then that does point to there being some kind of hardware fault that'll
need a replacement to fix.
The fuse: Sorry , I was not clear on that. It was not in the PC, it was in the house. When turning on a lamp, the lightbulb went out with a "bang" and caused a short circuiting. This does not happen often, but this time it did happen, and there was this domino effect.

I am not very good at tinkering with the machine (you would not like to to leave the servicing of your car to me either). I have done minor things, but nothing major. Also, I have no equipment, no instruments by which I could measure or test things. I suspected my NVIDIA-card, since there was a screen freeze, but I am not sure of that. I think this problem requires a more intimate knowledge of hardware than I have.
Brgds
PAR