Re: converting audio streams

Mark Haney wrote:
Don Russell wrote:
Mark Haney wrote:
Don Russell wrote:
I'm looking for an app to convert an audio stream from one format (i.e.
media player/flash/etc) to wav....

I can find many that convert files.... but I want to convert a
continuous stream and produce the equivalent stream in a different
format...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

What kind of streams? I use streamripper and it works really well, but
I'm not sure that's what you are looking for.
Thanks... what I'm actually looking into is being able to "tune in" a
local radio station via URL.... many stations already provide their
audio this way, but one station in particular seem to only have a web
interface and require something like mediaplayer etc.

The station web site is http://www.101kgb.com (San Diego California USA)

The URL to get the streaming audio is:
   http://www.101kgb.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html

Which displays a nice little window with an ad, a few seconds later the
url changes to:
   http://www.101kgb.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes

What I'd like to try is writing some code for a device I have (ref
http://slimdevices.com) that can nicely handle wav streams.... I thought
if I could write some code to act as an http client as above, and
produce a wav stream, then my "slimdevice" could play that station too.

Right now, I've just started the investigative process... seems like a
fun project, which might (should) have more widespread use than a single
radio station too.

Hmm, I wonder what that looks like under a wget?

hmmm, very interesting.... it uses JavaScript to change streams..... this may be less work that I anticipated.... :-)