Re: Logrotate - daily log files for a month

John Horne wrote:
? We want daily log files, so setting 'rotate 4' will only give us 4 log
files. Using weeks is no good because a month is not a fixed number of
weeks - 30 and 31 days are not 4 weeks and vice-versa.

I hope you realise that if set to daily, logrotate happens at 4:02AM. That means yesterday's log actually contains 4 hours of 'today' and is missing 4 hours from yesterday. If you run automated report generation from the logs, eg. SARG, the report will be incomplete unless the utility that generates reports is aware of log rotation and takes it into consideration.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218