Re: F7 is working fine

PerAntonRønning wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

I had trouble getting to F7. I really didn't want to but it seemed the timing was right for it. After over 200 updates F7 is good working Linux. The first thing a new user needs to do is remove Totem and get the VLC media player. It has worked just fine through all the 200 upgrades and plays anything from mp3 to .wav to DVD movies. It does it all. I get things from friends with Windows. VLC never fails to play them.

There is still some minor things broken but they might be due to MY hardware which is old. New computer is scheduled to be delivered today by UPS but they deliver very late, like 10:30 PM local. Then I will see if the new motherboard and SATA hard drives fix the problems.

A friend just loaded F7 again after getting the 200 updates and he says it is nothing like it was 3 months ago.
Sounds good. But where is it? I have been looking around for a FC 7 iso DVD, but all sites stop at /6 and then they list /development - is this fc7? Is the iso DVD hidden within the .bittorrent, which I am absolutely new to? I've never used bittorrent, I have never needed to. As I understand I have to download a torrent client, as a search tool(?) - is that up the same alley as FTP? Pardon my ignorance, but i have lots to do and I must operate on a need to know basis. How do I extract the contents of a torrent file, is that something the torrent client program takes care of?

Brgds
PAR

Brgds
PAR

PAR what you want is the Re-SPIN of F7 if it exists yet. It is F7 with all the updates. I do not know about Bit-torrent but it sounds fishy to me :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User