RE: Bizarre yum update problem

I had the same problem as yours. The cause was that I am running F7 x86_64, and there are two installed kdebindings packages, kdebindings.i386 and kdebindings.x86_64. "yum" couldn't update the kdebindings.i386 package while the x86_64 version was already there, so removing and reinstalling both of them helped fix the problem.

> Arch Willingham wrote:
> I had already tied the "yum clean all" command (its in tehvery top of my original posting) but I gae it a shot again and it still bombed out. I tried resettign the reposatories, etc....none of it worked. I finally looked again at the output and sine it was vomiting on "Package kdebindings.i386 0:3.5.7-1.fc7.1 set to be updated
> ", I just did a "yum remove kdebindings". Once it killed teh package (and two dependencies: kdewebdev and kdesdk) I tried re-running the yum update command. It went out and found one new package and installed it. I ran it a few minutes ago and it found five more and update them just fine. All seems to be ok but I have not tried to re-install kdewebdev (until I put it in google 30 seconds ago, I did not even know what it does).
>
> Thanks for y'all's help!
>
> Arch

Links:
------