missing piece of HDD while installed F7 for thinkpad T61

Hi,

I bought a new T61 with a 120 GB HDD which came installed with Vista Home. My
original plan was to have a Linux system with 103 GB for /usr/local, 6GB for /,
1 GB for swap and 2GB for /tmp. I planned on 8 GB for Windows.

However, the Vista Home basic was too much for me so I scrapped it and got XP
Professional installed (very limited). Then I tried to install Fedora. But
Fedpra can only see 114.8 GB of diskspace, including the XP NTFS partition.
Question: where did the remaining 5GB part of the HDD go? After looking around
on my friend Google, I came across a factoid that there is a Rescue and
Recovery partition which roughly equals this amount of HDD. But this part is
not visible to me at all. I was wondering if someone could please tell me what
I was supposed to do here, since this is a very strange phenomenon for me. Is
there a way to reclaim that part back? How? I don't think this is a F7 issue
but F7 is where this problem has shown up, since that is what I tried
installing.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Trotter

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?