re: F7 locking up on first boot

FWIW (not much I'm afraid) I had a similar problem with F7 on an ASUS
mb with an ,er,unusual drive configuration (2 additional PIDE
controllers in addition to the one on the motherboard, everything
full). I couldn't solve it and reverted to FC5 on that box (6 is a
disaster here, although I understand others have no trouble with it).
Here's the really strange part - a different box, exact same MB,
controller, and drive configuration, F7 installed painlessly.  I
dunno.

Mike-

--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.
--

On the P5B-VM DO, the problems came down to the JMicron JMB363 controller. As the floppy and PATA drives are run under this controller, I switched to a SATA DVD burner and disabled the JMicron controller completely, using the ICH8DO controller exclusively. Voila, no more problems. I only wish the P4S800D-X problems were that simple.

As a last resort on the P4S800D-X, I pulled the DVD burner, and did a network install. Once again, everything went well until I got to the First Boot screen and then everything locked up again.

Thanks,

Jon

--
R A Jon Hamelin