Re: HP warranty

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Michael W Cocke wrote:

I've heard of that and worse from HP.  What possessed you to go buy a
computer without asking around first?  If I were ever to actually
purchase a system (I purpose build everything - I can't afford
downtime and no one in their right mind sells 3.5 Tb servers cheap)
I'd buy a Dell.  HP and Sony are trash.

I have never had that problem. I have a three year extended warrenty with HP and they have never given me flack about running Linux. This is on a laptop, not a server however. They do wipe the drive and install an unpatched version of Windows on it every time I send it in. I have a bare drive for that reason.

Mike-