Re: Moving boot

I have a mental image of a group of people named Karl, Tim, Les et. al. who spend their entire day rebooting their machines over and over...  ;-)

On 8/20/07, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    I'm not going to answer Les because he keeps changing the message to
other topics that have nothing to do with this one. The subject is that
I have a setup right now on my computer that is IMPOSSIBLE if, the rules
for BIOS being thrown around are even close to being correct. I think
they are at best too old or just wrong.

    I have right now grub on the MBR of the Master Hard Drive which is
(hd0) and the /boot/grub/ that the grub directs BIOS to find is on the
second Hard Drive at /dev/sdb6/ which is (hd1,5) in Grub talk. I checked
and /boot/grub/ is at least 7,000 cylinders up the second hard drive ;-)

    So my point to Les and all of you is that BIOS works a whole lot
better than everyone seems to think. It goes all the way to the second
hard drive from the first, and then 7,000 cylinders more and starts my
system. Every time for years 8-)

--

        Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
        Linux User