Re: failed to set xfermode ...

On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 19:54 -0600, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> she was having problems with the systems just rebooting while it was
> being used

Spontaneous reboots can be due to poor power supplies, and overheating
components, to name just a couple of common causes.

I received a rather nice graphics card, gratis, for that reason.  The
fan had seized, the owner felt the cost of properly replacing the fan
wasn't worth it.  So he bought a new card, and gave me the old one.  I
just removed the old fan, aimed an ordinary fan at the card's heatsink,
and it works nicely.  Now, the whole card is cool.  Before, just the
graphics processor was cooled (and not much), the RAM, and other things,
would roast.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386