Re: Grub

> OK, now for everyone, it is not the BIOS for whoever's sake. And that
> most obviously for the fact that it did boot several times without any
> issues. It is not the BIOS!

As I said in a different thread, the fact it boots for the first few times but
fails after an update *does not prove* that the bios is not at fault. All it
proves is after the initial install, for whatever reason (luck?) your /boot
files can be read by your bios. After an update, when new kernels are
installed and /boot/grub/grub.conf is rewritten, it is perfectly possible, if
your bios does suffer from this issue and you don't have a dedicated /boot
partition, that these new files are outside the region your bios can read.
Thus boot failure.

Chris