Re: A strange problem when printing with laser printer hp1010

Ian Brown wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have Fedora Core 7 and an a laser printer hp1010.
>
> Each time I boot to computer and try to print, it does not print.
>
> The workaround I found is to run
> "service cups stop", then power down the printer, then power up
> the printer and then "service cups start". Then it prints !
>
> Any ideas what should I do so that it will print immediately
> after boot without this workaround ?
>
> BTW, I installed the driver by selecting hp1010 using the printer
> configuration dialog.

Is the hp1010 connected via USB to your system?  Is it detected properly at
boot time?  (Should show up in /var/log/dmesg or /var/log/messages).  Have
you edited your /etc/cupsd.conf to change the logging level so to see if you
get some messages from cupsd on initial startup?