Re: How to configure GRUB to boot from CD-ROM?

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote on Sunday 19 August 2007:

> >> I would like to include an entry in my GRUB menu to let it boot from
> >> CD-ROM.

> > Perhaps I don't understand your situation; why you don't config your
> > BIOS to do that? Just make it the primary boot device.

> You may want to control when you boot off a CD - maybe even password
> protect that menu option in grub.

That's exactly my intention. :) I don't like to have CD-ROM as primary
boot device on my laptop all the time. But sometimes booting a CD is very
handy and I do not like fiddling within the BIOS all the time.
Unfortunately my BIOS does not offer a separate boot menu where you can
quickly select a boot device.

--
bye,
Adalbert

No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings. -- William Blake