re: How to configure GRUB to boot from CD-ROM?

Adalbert:
I would like to include an entry in my GRUB menu to let it boot from CD-ROM. To make it clear: I do not want to install GRUB on CD-ROM. I want a menu entry pointing to CD-ROM in my locally installed GRUB.

Perhaps I don't understand your situation; why you don't config your BIOS to do that? Just make it the primary boot device.