Re: I AM TRYING TO GET FEDORA CORE 6 O 7

Tim wrote:
On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 08:02 +0200, LEONARDO (ROOKIE) wrote:
i am trying to download, one of this two version from fedora ( 6 or
7 ) from mirros in the page web, but always the file is corrupted, i'm
trying from diferent mirros, but always it is the same, my question is
the next, why?

We don't know.  We don't know what OS and programs you're using, you
might have a problem.  We don't know what ISP you're using, they might
be the problem.  We don't know what mirror you're using, they might have
a problem.

More information is needed...

and where can i get a clean version or how can I fix the corrupted
versions?

I don't think you could fix a broken download.  But if it's simply
aborting before finishing, rather than being mangled along the way,
there are tools that support resuming a download.  There are ways of
downloading which do checks as it downloads, such as bittorrent.  You
can buy copies already on disc from some places.  And you can sometimes
get a free disc from someone (I'm in Australia, so there's bound to be
someone much closer than me - it'd take ages to post something from here
to there).

Information here:  <http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora.html>

I had downloaded via http a DVD iso that failed sha1.
Someone suggested to me that perhaps http & ftp might
shut down before the entire download completed. This
person suggested using wget instead. When I used wget
I successfully downloaded a DVD iso that passed sha1.

You may want to try using wget to get your iso.

Darlene Wallach