Re: Having the computer turn off at a specified tempurature

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 17:22 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I've just replaced the faulty fan on an AMD with a good Intel fan, but
> it does not sit well and it is liable to get stuck on the heatsink.
> I'd like the machine to shutdown rather than cook itself, as it did
> when the original fan went belly-up. I actually smelled it: that's how
> I knew something was wrong.

That sounds very bad, I hope you didn't damage it at the same time.

If you have to jury rig a fan to a system, you might find it more
reliable to mount it to the case, and aim the air at the heatsink.  If
it blows enough, that's all that's needed.  It doesn't have to be on the
heatsink, itself.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.