Re: Changing boot time configuration

John,

Fedora supports network profiles as does all versions of RH Linux, the following code is in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit, you should be able to figure out the rested your self.

--- snip ---
# Boot time profiles. Yes, this should be somewhere else.
if [ -x /usr/sbin/system-config-network-cmd ]; then
 if strstr "$cmdline" netprofile= ; then
   for arg in $cmdline ; do
       if [ "${arg##netprofile=}" != "${arg}" ]; then
/usr/sbin/system-config-network-cmd --profile ${arg##netprofile=}
       fi
   done
 fi
fi
--- snip ---

Albert.

John Pierce wrote:
Hello!

A while back I had opensuse on one of my laptops and it had the
ability to to change certain  aspects of the boot process based on a
predefined profile.

Does anyone know of any utility that will allow such functionality on
fedora 7.  Specifically I would like to change certain aspects of the
network configuration during boot up, based on whether I am wired or
wireless.

Thanks