apcuspd

Thanks to everyone who responded.  apcupsd worked like a charm.
Actually, better than a charm, since charms don't work.  I pulled the plug
on the UPS and it sent an SMS to my boss saying "loss of power, unit
has gone on battery" or something like that.

Regarding yum, I bleieve I tried using the Dag Wiers repositories before
but got some error.  I can't remember exactly what it was.