Re: New Computer

Erich Zigler wrote:
On Fri, August 17, 2007 1:53 pm, Karl Larsen wrote:

    Looking at Google I found The Biostar Geforce 6100-m9 NVIDIA Socket
939 micro ATX USB 2.0/ Serial ATA/ RAID for $65.00 and a barebones kit
with mb and cpu and case 350 watt ps for $130.00.
    It has a floppy drive and serial port on the mb. With all the other
stuff. This would be my cheapest new computer unless you know why it is
bad.

Why are you getting a new computer? What would the new one do that your
current one does not do? How old is your current computer?

My current computer I made 5 1/2 years ago. It was made before USB 2.0 and Serial were invented. Now it has slow USB two replaced fans a replaced power supply and has two old hard drives.

This new one lets me buy new hard drives of the fast 3.0 GB/sec serial type and the cpu is twice as fast as this one. I don't really need that. The box I buy has new fans and is half the size of my current one.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User