Re: Feature Request : scp front end

Beartooth wrote:
Afaik, there is no GUI front end for scp -- or I don't know how to look for one. Would it be possible to have such a thing?

I'm thinking, given an established ssh connection between two machines, it would sometimes be a lot easier to drag and drop files than for arthritic eyeballs and trifocal fingers to type out long character- perfect strings for scp -- something like what I do, for instance, when I download pix to my home directory, and them move them into the directory I want them in.

If this could be done, it would sure make life easier for some of us -- especially when we have to do a fresh install on one or more machines ...

yum install gftp, then run gftp (which is gui based) and choose ssh2 as the connection type.

  Chris Johnson, RHCE #804005699817957