Re: APC USB

Gavin David wrote:

On Aug 17, 2007, at 11:46 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:

Gavin David wrote:
HI Tony,

No, you don't need powerchute with apcupsd. Set up the scripts in /etc/apcupsd to send alerts/pages/emails for the different events. Then /etc/rc.d/init.d/apcupsd will provide the daemon when enabled and started. There's another package apcupsd-cgi which will provide a nice web page where you can get graphics showing load/battery status/run time, etc. - but I don't know if it's available in the CentOS repositories (I'm currently running it on Fedora systems only).

 Dave
I ran the apcupsd-cgi rpm from yum but don't know how to bring up the display.

What do I do next?

I do have "gapcmon" displaying the UPS data but it is not complete with the Belkin ups I have.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin

Bob,

I don't know if the Belkin unit will work with the software (it was written for APC devices), but if it does here's how you can see the status display in a browser:

The apcupsd-cgi package will install a config file in /etc/httpd/conf.d/apcupsd.conf, so you probably have to restart (or start) your web server - "service httpd restart". This should allow you to browse to http://127.0.0.1/apcupsd/multimon.cgi - or use whatever IP you have set on the machine. This should display some status for the UPS and you can click on the name of the ups (first column) and you'll get more detailed information along with three graphic scales which can display several different values selected from a drop-down list.

 Dave

OK Dave, that works! I had installed the apcupsd-cgi a few days ago but did not know how to use it. The display is prettier than "gapcmon," not that that matters, but now I have another thing to mess with. We had a lot of t-storm activity last night and lost power for four or five hours! I got out of bed and shut several ups's down ...

The Belkin works with apcupsd but does not display a few things like BCharge! But it does shut down the computer if a power outage occurs while I am away.

Thanks much.

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia