Re: FC7 update

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 23:51 -0700, elk dolk wrote:
> I had a fresh installation of FC7 and now I'm trying to update
> it .When I download large packages like openoffice.org-core
> update ,which is 76M, after downloading 40 or 50 Mb there is a beep
> and this annoying socket error and then "timed out trying another url"
> and it can not find another url .I downloaded openoffice.org-core
> using ftp in windows

You didn't have to go to the Windows to do that.  You can use tools on
Linux that support resuming, if you want to do manual downloading.
"wget" and "curl" are command line tools that can, and gFTP is a GUI
tool that can.

Sorry to respond in two parts, I should have said the above, before, as
well.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386