Re: Forget Raid

Karl Larsen wrote:
I was sent a good paper by John Urish in 2006 titled Software RAID-1 and it is VERY GOOD :-)

It is complete and it tells me how to rewrite grub.conf, fstab and initrd so my computer can boot and work with raid :-(

   Forget it. I am not this interested in RAID!

Let us know how you feel after you restore from backup or lose your files. People who describe stuff like this are often talking about the pseudo-RAID crap on motherboards, which lack the features of both Linux software RAID and genuine use-a-real-controller hardware RAID.

Software RAID, at least RAID-1, takes no nothing to get working, Fedora just drop in on it.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>