Help with Evolution - no global address book

Hi List;

I'm hoping someone can help with this.  I'm running evolution at a new client
site to connect to exchange. (I've changed all instances of my actual
username to 'myusername' and all instances of the clients domain to 'domain'
in the data presented below)

I have the following settings:

username:  DOMAIN\myusername
OWA URL: https://owa.domain.com

With these settings I can pull my mail with no issues, however I cannot access
the global address book. I've entered the "Global Catalog Server Name" as the
name of the exchange server:   domainex-1.city.domain.com

With this setting if I go to 'Contacts --> Global Address List' I get this
error:

===================
Error loading addressbook.

We were  unable to open this addressbook.
This either means you have entered an
incorrect URI, or the server is unreachable
====================

I can ping the server.

If I start from the command line I get this at startup time:

=====================================
$ evolution
CalDAV Eplugin starting up ...

(evolution:14554): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: Key file does not have
key 'exchange:__myusername;auth_NTLM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
evolution-shell-Message: Killing old version of evolution-data-server...
** (evolution:14641): DEBUG: mailto URL command: evolution --component=mail %s
** (evolution:14641): DEBUG: mailto URL program: evolution

** (evolution:14641): WARNING **: LDAP authentication failed (0xffffffff)

When I click on the Global Address book I see this at the command line:

(evolution:14641): eab-widgets-WARNING **: EABView at present does not support
multiple writes on the "source" property.

Thanks in advance