Re: raid-one

Les wrote:
Hi, Karl,
	The very first thing you should mention is backing up the disk.  Always
a good idea, but especially so when formatting or partitioning disks.
One mistake can spoil your whole day.

Regards,
Les H
On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 14:34 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
I decided to write another paper that covers setting up a raid-1 computer :-) As always it is a lot of work. Here is the
Hi Les, I think I will disagree that you need to do anything special while setting up raid-1. All the making of partitions is on the new Hard Drive and that has nothing to hurt with an accident :-)

The part following what I wrote is making directories off /mnt and copy of files from the existing system to the new HD. So I don't feel the backup is necessary for this work. But as you say we should all backup our computers and I do this to a USB HD 8-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User