Re: Dell Insprion E530 problems...

Michael Harpe:
>> I select the first option for the install. Screen clears and goes to
>> character type screen that tells me it's loading some kind of piix
>> driver. That's when I ctrl-alt-F4 over to the detail screen and watch
>> it try lots of combinations of ATA driver modes. Then I get dumped out
>> to the driver selection menu where the double-keystroke problem makes
>> working with the menu almost impossible.

Karl Larsen:
> Well Mike it appears the loader can't figure out which video card
> you have or/and can't figure out your monitor. Do this:

ATA is the IDE interface, where the disk drives are connected to, not
the video card.

If the problem relates to the hard drive, it might be quite a problem to
resolve.  If it's that it's having trouble reading the DVD drive, that
might be worked around in other manners (e.g. not running the install
from that disc, but over the network; or a copy of the DVD on a spare
hard drive partition).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.