Re: Dell Insprion E530 problems...

I can do more detail!

ISO boot:

Insert the disc, hit the power...select boot menu (BIOS 1.0.3 by the way)...select CD...
System boots. Lots of chatter that goes by too fast to read. Doesn't ask me any questions at all that I can see.  I see a flicker of a screen that says something like "to boot from..." then it clears and I'm at the install screen with the nifty blue background.

I select the first option for the install. Screen clears and goes to character type screen that tells me it's loading some kind of piix driver. That's when I ctrl-alt-F4 over to the detail screen and watch it try lots of combinations of ATA driver modes. Then I get dumped out to the driver selection menu where the double-keystroke problem makes working with the menu almost impossible.

That's really all I can tell you. If you'll tell me what to look for I will be glad to take better notes.

Mike Harpe