Re: how to set up VM, or is there a freeware equivalent to Deep Freeze Software

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Have to find another way LTSP is a good idea, but will not go through with Administration.  These computers are licensed for use with Windows.  The programs like Deep Freeze are expen$ive and are out the door.

This sounds very much like a combination of "We have an untenable situation but
we refuse to make the changes that are required to fix it" and "We have an
untenable situation but we refuse to spend the money that would be required to
continue to do things the way that we do them now in a supportable manner."

I would be very surprised if you find a solution.  If it was something that I
was approached to deal with, I would say "Change the whole works to something
secure and do it right, or write a purchase order for a Deep Freeze site
license."

I think you're beating your head against the wall otherwise.

Let it get to a certain degree of bad, and the Deep Freeze cost or the idea of
changing to something better won't seem so radical any more.  They aren't at
that point yet, apparently.