Re: one more time -- broadcom wireless on f7

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 13:45 +0200, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> 2007/8/14, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Incidentally, I've said before and people have strongly disagreed with me,
> > but if you have WiFi problems I think it is best to turn of NetworkManager,
> > if you are running it, as it simply makes it more difficult
> > to diagnose the problem.
> >

> Totally agree.
> NetworkManager is totally crap, I never, ever, use it, I would rather
> do everything by hand, ifconfig, iwconfig, route...
>
> All the best
> Manuel
It is really a matter of your wireless card. With the ipw2200 that I
have NM works wonderfully. Just this week I got a access point working
using PEEP in NM and it worked first time out. And I had never seen this
kind of access before. Try that by hand in under 5 minutes.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>