Re: AMD Cool and Quiet

I tested by adding the CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor applet to one of
my GNOME panels.  If Cool and Quiet was enabled in the BIOS, I didn't
need to do anything else.  I had an X2 3800+, which is clocked at
2GHz.  When it's disabled in the BIOS, the applet says the CPU is
always running at 2GHz.  When it's enabled, it would vary among 1,
1.5, 1.8 and 2GHz.  It would be idle at 1GHz, but under load it would
spike up immediately; I never noticed a performance issue from it.

Chris Kurecka