Re: one more time -- broadcom wireless on f7

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  at the risk of belabouring this issue (and i'm sure it's way too
late to be worried about that *now* :-), i'm still interested in
whether there's a known, reliable and deterministic way to get
wireless working on f7 (and, additionally, f8t1) on my laptop which
has a broadcom 4318 chip.

ndiswrapper is the way to go if you have a 4318. My laptop is a year old and has seen FCs 5-7 and only with FC7 has it been working. Is your laptop 64bit? If so, keep in mind that you need to use the 64bit version of the broadcom drivers (bcmwl564.inf). 32bit won't work.

  seriously, if wireless is really this much of a hassle, fedora is in
for a rough ride.
AFAIK, broadcom wireless is the leader in the "Won't work" list of wireless adapters. Intel & Atheros don't seem to have that problem.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218