Re: USB drive problem

Rohan Kulkarni wrote:
Hello,
I recently upgraded to kernel 2.6.22.1-41.fc7.I earlier had the kernel that comes along with Fedora 7 base system.My USB drive is not showing up on the desktop nor in the directory /media.But it is been shown as /dev/sdb1 on using fdisk - l.I need to mount it explicitly using mount command and use it only through the command prompt.The USB drive if connected before the system is booted shows up on the desktop and also in /media.I am also facing the same problem with CD's and DVD's which show up on the desktop only if i insert them before the fedora 7 boots.What can be the problem?This problem does not occur with the previous kernel that came with the F7 box.
You should have got by update a new "udev" package. If you have not got all the updates then wait until you do. Then your USB system will work with that kernel :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User