Re: New Hard Drive

Tim wrote:
On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 19:59 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
If the new hard drive is a SATO II and your motherboard is 5 years old your up a creek without a paddle. I need to call Newegg tomorrow first thing and stop my order. I can't use the 500 GB I ordered.

Alternatively, buy a SATA card, so you can add that drive, and other new
drives, to an older system.  PATA is getting harder to buy, and if you
don't want to replace your motherboard so you can keep on using it with
newer devices, adding the feature to your board is the next option.

Yes a good point. I will find out how much a pci card costs. Back to newegg 8-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User