Re: f7 on livecd?

--- Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Globe Trotter wrote:
> > --- Charles Curley <charlescurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> my
> >> Sorry, I assumed from your comment above that your external DVD-R was
> >> USB. Anyway, Anaconda usually uses the same kernel version as the
> >> kernel to be installed, so anything the regular kernel can use
> >> Anaconda should be able to use.

> >> I don't know why you need a 64 bit Anaconda; I should think a 32 bit
> >> Anaconda would do just fine. But I'm no expert here. Maybe someone
> >> will correct me.
> >>
> >> Did you read the README in /images?
> >>
> >> Or consider installing over your network. I do all my installs over
> >> NFS these days. It's much faster.
> >
> > I'd like to do this. I  tried this with a 32-bit machine some time ago, but
> was
> > unable to get far. I think the problem was when I put in the URL (as per FC
> > instructions) it would come back and keep asking for the URL. I could also
> not
> > do it from the HDD for the same reason. Are there more detailed
> instructions
> > somewhere? Is the process the same for 64-bit? I have both kinds of
> > machines....Can someone please provide me with instructions for a 64-bit
> > machine?
>
> Is http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f7/en_US/
>
> enough to get started?

So, at
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f7/en_US/sn-expert-download.html

it says: for instance

Download the boot.iso image for a minimal boot CD or bootdisk.img file for a
minimal boot USB flash drive. Write the image to the approriate physical media
to create bootable media.

Is there some detailed documentation on how to write to appropriate physical
media to create bootable media. More specifically, must the USB flash drive be
completely blank? What further steps after this>

Many thanks,
Trotter

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC