Re: webcam support on laptop

Bruce Byfield wrote:
Can anyone direct me to any information about enabling a webcam that's
built into a laptop?

Specifically, I'm seeing if I can enable the webcam on an HP Pavilion
dv2410ca on which I've installed Fedora 7. However, if anyone knows of
any resources about any laptop webcams on any distribution, I'd be glad
to know of them.

The webcam is a Chicory 2.0 US.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can give.

Give the Generic Softwares Package for Camera Adapters package a shot. Might want to check out the project's webpage for compatibility first, and then grab the dkms-gspca package from freshrpms.net . I have gotten a built in webcam in a different HP to work perfectly with this package. Good luck.

-Endy