Re: Producing pdf files with copyable text

On Sunday 12 August 2007, Paul Smith wrote:
>On 8/12/07, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Thanks to all for your help and patience. The problem is finally solved!
>> >
>> > The cause of the problem was the fact that I had msttcorefonts
>> > installed. After I removed them, I could produce a pdf file with
>> > copyable text from
>> >
>> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/fedorapeople.org
>> >
>> > I have to do an inspection to see whether I have other superfluous
>> > fonts installed. Could someone please tell me the minimal set of fonts
>> > that one should have installed to have F7 working fine?
>>
>> I have just noticed that web-pages shown on Firefox with Liberation
>> Fonts are transformed by ps2pdf in pdf files with non-copyable text.
>> Any workaround?
>
>To see the problem that I am now mentioning, please try to produce a
>pdf of the GMail frontpage:
>
>www.gmail.com

Why would firefox use that font to render that page?  There is no reference to
Liberation in any form on that page.

>which is rendered on Firefox with Liberation Fonts, in case you have
>them installed.

I just installed that font package, the newer of the two showing, then hit F5
in FF-2.0.0.6, but an lsof shows nothing related to that font.

Call me puzzled...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)