Re: Producing pdf files with copyable text

You are absolutely correct, I am trying very hard to make it copyable but all I get is GIGO.
Garbage In Garbage Out

Using ps2pdf, all the copyable text I get is :

Welcome to Gmail https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive...
1 of 1                                                          08/12/2007 03:57 PM

Using Konqueror, I get the message that you got

A print error occurred. Error message received from system:

Abnormal process termination (gs -q -dSAFER -dPARANOIDSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=$out{/home/olivares/print.pdf} -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -c .setpdfwrite -f '/tmp/kde-olivares/kdeprint_sVYpo2Vb' ).

The other method of using select all copy and add paste to text editor gets the following garbage:

e    !w
m r ol0
a»taUsTsciPiaPcyPg7sy
    roemregymoao0
     syeomolroilv©
 ts.utmsfemorhPcemirG2r                 c
nealio penniozms,nse
mGb AunrLitnrlpem
urtefaA s.eGtghseb
     oNPi .gc asM
        ac om vm
       taekut peolwaaiin/coo/coGoGt
                    up.ml:ssearerae
        cn oa birs       poottwoli
                    aport.o,vscuofG
                          mrnaa asud   tb
mao soucaahgheoib
         rsst meyribhalitiG/imlitcw    8R
mmlotatIm'hmleipepcyyceoI
nesc'Gc neaaoeoeoooourle
ocyene erLorotpyaueenaiY
     easaiIcn nnr.enulowcaeinu
        mN aygyoehocao
 m?w aptyGnsbrunos
 u lmnyetgrtt
nb gidlehthnGjt'
       o ye(rbdol8C
         c gmiitkloi
             n ntasAcetweiagv
      miRgi:ttaPwefgnite.vceae7a.so
utut.pmUmnl,asiea,eafuesmt1efot
      yeesdS oGalntdtdihns19eF
      rhcoie:n a:eare)nteaytg9hestrrs
          Gra heosaenltneirhh
                ra.usetelmunU
     wcliahosmaeto.aorev47rO
 oAeneisrsemeadeeanslcsas
          trow seohnhnealefy'd2tte
                 beodoeoae
                 mlfrnefeesnm
                   crlhcdfrpn
                      iueac     awrpu caL
                                        ro
                    mnuhhnlnteGlnti,Aiitilfoi
                         me.tbeot,ao
                            otoiaegfsev
                              eoitccsokniicfia
                               tdloaeg
                        GobuliwwaG
                        altxbtimhpm
                            ivdAetoses
                              Wi,l.eludae

I used ps2pdf option with the following option and it did not work

[olivares@localhost Documents]$ ps2pdf -dEmbedAllFonts=true gmail.ps

If I can find something that succeeds in creating a copyable text pdf, I'll share it with the list.  Otherwise, I have failed :(

Regards,

Antonio

[olivares@localhost Documents]$ echo $(date +%Y/%m/%d~%H:%M:%S)
2007/08/12~16:30:05