Re: USA export restrictions and GPL - how can they co-exist?

Justin Corner wrote:
>> Subject: Re: USA export restrictions and GPL - how can they co-exist?
>
> I would compare it to local, state and federal governments.
>
> Local (City) - Fedora/Redhat, license
> State - GPL or other licenses
> Federal - U.S. Government, trade restirctions etc.

Okay, then I would say the state government is not giving the
municipality permission to require its citizens to follow federal law.
However, it the citizens don't, the citizens are of course personally
liable to the federal government.

Matt Flaschen