Re: FC7 dhcp resolv.conf

Tim:
>> What does yours do?

Timothy Murphy:
> It deletes my opendns nameservers,
> and substitutes 192.168.1.1,
> which in my case is completely inappropriate.

A couple of simple options:

Set up your DHCP client configuration file to not get DNS server
addresses from the DHCP server.  Look up "supersede" and
"domain-name-servers" in the dhclient.conf man file - there's an example
near the bottom of it that could serve as a template for your needs.

Configure your DHCP server to send your client the right DNS server
addresses for it.  It can do this for all clients, or just for this
particular one.

The latter would be the better option, then you can move the client from
one DHCP-controlled network to another, and it'll "just work".  And
since you are using DHCP, I think you're better to fix it there, rather
than try to manually preset things in your ethernet configuration, that
are probably going to get changed by their next DHCP-done configuration.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.