Re: USA export restrictions and GPL - how can they co-exist?

Around 09:47pm on Friday, August 10, 2007 (UK time), Tom Rivers scrawled:

> Alan Cox wrote:
> >Actually in most of the world it would be an offence to systematically
> >refuse to treat cubans fairly. Its called racism.
> >
> >The cuban thing is a bit of demented US history.
> >

> Alan,
>
> With all due respect, you may want to look up the definition of the word
> "racism" because it doesn't apply to prejudice against countries - it
> applies to prejudice against races.
>
> http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/racism
>
> Since Cubans aren't considered a "race", the term simply doesn't apply.
> In any event, this is a list about Fedora, not politics.  Maybe a
> "fedora-politics" list would be a more appropriate venue for that kind
> of discussion.  ;)

Can I make a plea that we restrict the discussion to the implications of
US exprot restrictions to its impact the GPL and Fedora, and not on the
moralily of the US, or any other govenment, to restrict things - there's
plenty of other places where that can be discussed.

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 22:01:14 up 5 days, 10:25,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.11, 0.08