Re: USA export restrictions and GPL - how can they co-exist?

After scanning through GPLv2, i think i found the clause that allows fedora to be distributed:

"8. If the distribution and/or use of the Program is restricted in certain countries either by patents or by copyrighted interfaces, the original copyright holder who places the Program under this License may add an explicit geographical distribution limitation excluding those countries, so that distribution is permitted only in or among countries not thus excluded. In such case, this License incorporates the limitation as if written in the body of this License."

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong about this.