Re: The case against LVM

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 15:26 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >     There are issues about how you partition a giant hard drive like
> > that. I forget just how many partitions your allowed but it is small
> > compared to the size. I guess your the IT expert and you have REAL
> > Experience to back your support for LVM.
>
> Umm, AIUI the standard way of partitioning drives has no limit
> on the number of extended partitions one may create.

Uhm, not exactly.  You get up to four primary partitions, one of which
can be an extended partition.  Inside that extended partition you can
have as many "logical" partitions as you wish.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-                He who laughs last thinks slowest.                  -