Re: cups

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
>> El Miércoles, 8 de Agosto de 2007 17:21, Les Mikesell escribió:
>>> Given that he is generating about 10% of the items in the threads in
>>> question and his observations about things not working have been
>>> generally correct I don't understand your point.  Why not rant about
>>> the
>>> wrong advice he's getting that makes it take so long to solve the
>>> problems, or the fact that anyone else trying fedora would have the
>>> same
>>> issues too.
>>>

>> I'm not talking about those questions.
>> I'm talking about his strange threads about ubuntu and some other
>> topics I cannot remember right now.
>
> That's just a 'results oriented' approach.  When something doesn't
> work you don't necessarily want to spend the rest of your life fixing
> it - a replacement might be just fine.  The part I don't understand is
> why he didn't follow my suggestion to switch to Centos5 back at the
> start of the problems.  Then he could expect 7 years of operation
> without repeating these problems - if he can put up with firefox 1.5
> for that long...

The part I REALLY don't understand is why is every spending so much time
on this cups issue when he started 7 threads related. Hell, I can't even
get fc6/7 installed AFTER it blew away my partitions and left my system
unbootable. So lets justs spend 10 damn days dealing with his 7 threads
that bordered on insulting and obnoxious, instead of helping others with
posts that haven't even gotten ONE reply. Absolutely RIDICULOUS.