Re: cups

On Wednesday 08 August 2007, Andrew Kelly wrote:
>On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 16:33 +0200, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
>> On Wednesday 08 August 2007 16:31:23 Chris Jones wrote:
>> > Karl's activities are just one of life's mysteries...
>>
>> My guess is that Karl is under 10 years old, otherwise, there's no
>> explanation about his behaviour.
>
>Actually, Karl is 70 (or more), which also explains his behaviour.
>
>Very annoying they way he does things, yes. Even more annoying the way
>he ignores all the pleading that he do things differently.
>
>But I gotta give Karl some grudging credit. Not many septuagenarians I
>know can use a computer at his level, much less grasp complex
>administrative "stuff" in a Linux environment.

Hell, normal user's are for wimp's, this old fart is king on this machine, eg,
90% or more is done as root.

>In fact, he reminds me a lot of my father-in-law, except that my pops
>just doesn't "get it" as well as Karl.
>
>Hard to tell which of them is the bigger PITA, but...
>
>Andy

I dunno Andy, you could also be talking about me as I'll be 73 in Oct.  But I
try not to be quite as deaf to suggestions.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

- Who says that the character of Arthur isn't
autobiographical?